Though the title says it is for a rainy Sunday afternoon, you can eat it even when it does not rain. You can especially eat it when you're relaxing with a tall glass of cold beer :-) (There, that must have got your attention if you're a man reading this :-) )
It's easy-peasy to make this one. Even if you
- Baby -corns: About 8 of them
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour (besan in hindi and kadala mavu in malayalam and chonne pitti in Konkani) (I have to show off my language skills, bear with me. heee hee). In case you don't know what table-spoon is, it is the big spoon not the small one with which you stir the sugar in your tea)
- A pinch of turmeric (Haldi in Hindi and konkani, Manjal podi in Malayalam and tamil)
- 1 tablespoon Curd (you don't need translations for this..It is dahi or tayiru :) )
- 2-3 green chillies chopped very fine. If you want the person who eats it to go straight to the moon add 20-30. heee heee hee
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste (small spoon is teaspoon :-) )
Just mix the above ingredients and marinate the baby-corns in it. In case the term 'marinate' intimidates you, it is just a fancy way of saying, dunk the whole lot of baby corns in the mixture made of curd and besan and other stuff and leave it for about half an hour. In fact the more you leave it, better it is as the baby corns will absorb the flavour of the mixture. You can even make it in the morning and keep it in the fridge (with the baby corns marinating in them). You can adjust the amount of curd and besan according to how the mixture is looking .It should be a thick mixture.
Now just heat some oil and wait till it is really hot. Drop the baby-corns one by one (they will be having a nice coating of the mixture now) and deep fry them till they are golden brown. Drain excess oil on a paper napkin.
Serve hot with chilli sauce.(and don;t forget the beer/tea/ vodka/whatever you prefer)
Psssst: Women love men who can cook. So send her for that manicure and impress her with this dish :-) I'll tell you later how you can thank me ;-) :-)
Current mood video--One of my favourite songs (See right): Bachelor boy-Cliff Richard