Six things to do if the current 🇺🇦 Ukrainian situation overwhelms you
It is natural to feel helpless about situations which we never expected, over which we have no control and yet which affect is deeply . For example : The 🇺🇦 Ukraine attacks which are going on right now.
The more we listen to the news 📰 the worse it seems. Media shows us images of helpless Indian students stranded, crying, appealing for help. (The government had issued advisories long back to return home). We see images of destruction, families fleeing and the president bravely staying on , saying they will not surrender.
There are debates all over on social media by whether India 🇮🇳 did the right thing by abstaining from voting 🗳 and taking a neutral position.
It’s easy to get swept 🧹 up by sentiments.
It’s hard to think 🤔 objectively.
If you are feeling worried, stressed or anxious about the current situation in the world 🌎 you could do the following things:
1. Switch off from social media for a while. Walk outside . Go to a park if you can . Absorb sunshine ☀️. It’s known to be a good anti- depressant.
2. Send out a prayer 🙏🏽 for the safety of those fleeing . Send out 🙏🏽 prayers for cessation of war and attacks.
3. Focus on all the things that are currently going right in your life. Be aware of everything you have — a home 🏡, a few loved ones, health , and 💰enough money for food. Those are indeed great blessings.
4.Read a good book. (Ironically the fiction 📕 that I am reading right now mentions the Ukraine 🇺🇦- Russia crisis in passing !)
5. Call up a good friend and talk about happy things. Perhaps you can plan a holiday even if you can’t immediately 🧳 travel!
6. Do something that brings you joy 🤩.. perhaps you can listen 🎧 to 🎶. Maybe you can watch a good TV show.Maybe you can try a new recipe!
Remember, a lot of things are out of our control. Our stressing about them won’t change outcomes. Whatever has to happen will happen. Time has a way of taking care of things.
I sincerely hope the India students stranded there return safely. My heart ❤️ goes out to all the people losing loved ones in this awful destruction taking place.
Prayers for peace ✌🏼
Ps: Come back for a new post tomorrow. This is post 17 of the blog Marathon (30 posts in 30 days)