Wanted to do a 'fun post' today after all the serious little philosophical posts of last few days. So I headed over to Sunday stealing which had an interesting meme going on. And here it is! The questions as well as my responses.
1. Would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great-great grandchildren?
Definitely my ancestors. I would love to know what made them tick, what they loved, what their days were like and how they spent their leisure hours. I love my ancestral homes on my maternal as well as paternal side (both in tiny villages in Kerala whose names you wouldn't even be able to pronounce unless you are a Mallu) and it would be wonderful to meet the people who lives in them once upon a time.
2. Would you rather have more time or more money?
Undoubtedly more time---I can make more money easily :) But time I cannot make. Life is so short. There are so many interesting books to read, movies to watch, places to go to and things to do.
3. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
I wouldn't like to rewind. What is over is over. If it is cherished it it stored in the treasured memories section. If it isn't it is discarded. Pause button--no. Because anything frozen isn't half as interesting as what is to come. And I am a firm believer of the adage 'The best is yet to come.'
4. Would you rather be able to talk with the animals or speak all foreign languages?
Of course speak to animals. They would have far more interesting things to say than humans.
5. Would you rather win the lottery or live twice as long?
Win the lottery of course ! I don't want to live that long.
6. Would you feel worse if no one showed up to your wedding or to your funeral?
Ha ha..I don't care at all if no-one came for either. I would be more concerned if they didn't come for my book launches :) But honestly--what matters to me is whether I made a difference in someone's life.
7. Would you rather be without internet for a week, or without your phone?
Phone. Internet is life. I breathe the internet and live in cyberspace.
8. Would you rather meet George Washington, or the current President?
Neither! Bleddy amercians :) George washington ya Obama se milke kya karne ka? :D (my non-Hindi speaking friends, please excuse :))
9. Would you rather lose your vision or your hearing?
Good Lord---neither. I am no little mermaid. What kind of a question is this anyway?
10. Would you rather work more hours per day, but fewer days or work fewer hours per day, but more days?
I wouldn't mind working 24x 7. I absolutely love love love my work.
11. Would you rather listen to music from the 70’s or music from today?
Music from today! Ed Sheeran, Selena Gomez, Major Lazer. Wiz Khalifa. Maroon 5. Katy perry, martin garrix--love them all.
12.Would you rather become someone else or just stay you?
Are you kidding? Why in the world would I want to be anyone else after having worked so hard to be me? :)
13.Would you rather be Batman or Spiderman?
Spiderman--for that upside down kiss :)
14. Would you rather be stuck on a broken ski lift or in a broken elevator?
Depends on who I am stuck with in each of it :)
15. For your birthday, would you rather receive cash or gifts?
Cold hard cash..Unless it is gifts I would absolutely love :)
Buy my latest book. I promise it is twice the fun of this meme :)