Some interesting book recommedations and other fun stuff!
It's sunday and it's time for Sunday Stealing! I enjoy answering the questions in Sunday Stealing. If you want to play too, please click on the link.
1. How long have you lived in your current residence?
Have lived here since Jan 2021. This is our own place.
2. What changes have you made to it since you got there?
A lot of changes ! It took about three months in total to renovate this place, and make it exactly the way I want i to look. I'm truly grateful for this home.
3. What surprised you about living in your place or in your neighborhood?
The greenery in my complex and the fact that it is right in the heart of Bangalore, barely a kilometer from the mall and all the city trappings. It's so green (those of you who follow me on Instagram would've seen how it feels like I'm living in a forest/ National park! A lot of people ask me where I live. But for my own privacy (and safety) I don't disclose my exact location. (How does it matter anyway? It's not like they are going to buy a house next door and move in!)
4. If someone were considering moving in next door, what would you warn them about?
Cobras and all kinds of snakes. There are plenty here. The guards have been trained to catch them without harming them, and they are handed over to the forest department.
5. If you have to move in the next 45 days, what are you definitely not taking with you?
My sad memories. Would like to leave them behind.
6. What are you currently reading?
The Other Son by Nick Alexander.
7. What did you recently finish reading?
The Paper Wife by Laila Ibrahim
8. What do you think you’ll read next?
Rebel with a Paintbrush (Amrita sher-gil's biography) by anita vaccharajani
9. When did you take the road less traveled?
When I decided to become a full time writer.
10. Did you ever participate in a talent show?
Never. I can't have three people judging me and deciding how good I am. I believe in myself. I don't need their validation :) *hair flick and exit*
11. When did you most recently strike out?
I had to look up what 'strike out' meant! (it means to start doing something new independently of other people)
I think it was when I got married at 23 and moved out of home ! (as till then, I lived with my parents)
12 Where do you go to find yourself?
My go-to is art. I also meditate and do my ashtanga yoga.
13. What do you have mixed feelings about?
About a friendship that fell apart recently. If you can't be completely honest with your friends, and if they want only sycophancy I don't think such a friendship is worth it.
14. What did you most recently add to your collection of something?
Kittens! A stray pregnant cat wandered into my home and gifted me three kittens. I don't have the heart to give them away, and so they have become mine now! You can see Leo and Kasper in this pic. In the pic at the beginning of this post, you can see Bella and Leo.
All three turned out to be girls. But since we had mistakenly thought two were boys, we let the original names stay :)
So we have a girl-kitten called Kasper, a girl-kitten called Leo and we have Bella the beauty queen :)
15. When did something most recently stir you to tears?
A Korean show I watched. Name of the show: It's okay not be okay.
It's a great show and I highly recommend it.
I hope you enjoyed my answers. If you want to share your current read, previous read and your next read, I'd love to know.
Please tell me in my comment box.
See you tomorrow folks!
ps: This is post 25 of my blog marathon. If you're enjoying it, please do leave me comments. Would love to hear from you.