The best investment you will ever make.
five things that the pic doesn't tell you :-)
1. If it's hard to lose weight (and keep it off) after the age of 30, it is bleddy hard after you hit forty. :-) Your metabolism slows down like crazy!
2. It is even harder after you have two kids! However it becomes slightly easier if you own a Doberman :D
3. I have a new workout regime that I haven't missed for the past 12 days, no matter how tired I am.(and some days I am drop-dead tired!) I do 24 minutes on the treadmill either on the Incline cycle or the fast-slow cycle. (fast is 8.1 kmph and slow is 4.2kmph). I also try not to miss my yoga.(though I have missed it for past 3 days). I try and finish dinner by 7.30 pm and no carbs at night. Your body really doesn't need carbs in the night after the age of 35.
4. I have stayed off alcohol for the past 15 days. The goal is to stay off it for next three months.( a teeny weeny confession--That is a record of sorts, for me :P) I have stepped my intake of water. If you are trying to lose weight, it really helps to have a LOT of water.
5. My 15 year old is turning out to be my fitness coach. He motivates me, pushes me, prods me, encourages me to be fit. If I were to pay him for his advice, he would be a rich young man! There is nothing about fitness that the kid doesn't know. He seems to have done a Ph.d in the subject. Pssst: Don't tell him I said so.
If you are really looking for motivation to get into shape, check out this site that I was super impressed with.(he deliberately put on weight as his clients kept complaining about how hard it was to lose and he wanted to see it for himself.) It is pretty amazing what diet and exercise can achieve!
If you want even more motivation check out my friend Niall's post about how he lost weight. I am really proud of what he has achieved.
Take care of your body! That is your only insurance against age. Do not let yourself go.
And even as we speak, the clock is ticking and we are aging. Yet, it is not too late, no matter how old you are.
Be healthy and be fit! It is the best investment you will ever make.
Check out my latest book here where it has been getting some fabulous reviews. You don't need a credit card. You can even pay cash on delivery. It has a whopping discount too :)
And hey--If you like my blog, you might enjoy my books :) Grab them here. :)
Really practical advice maam....after my mom u r my ideal.......Thanks for helping n inspiring people in ways u don't even know...THANKS A TON !!!!!!!ReplyDelete
I love this post ! I am trying to loose weight and this is what I needed. I am off carbs at night and have loads of water. And I walk A LOT !!ReplyDelete
And you look incredibly lovely in the pic. Smart and really fit !
I cant believe that someone couldnt believe why people complained about not being able to lose weight. Its the hardest thing to me. I ve lost hope on losing weight many times in the past 2 years, but you and your words pulled me back. You said that if we wanna be fit, we gotta work out EVERY SINGLE DAY even if we dont really feel like doing it. That keeps me going(well, I do cheat myself sometimes by skipping for few days:P) And I sneak into your posts on staying fit whenever I need a dosage of motivation:) But still, I havent reached my target weight and fitness. Its so frustrating -- my attitude -- I wonder why its so darn hard for me to accept if I put on weight. And oh did I miss out saying something very important ;) Here you go -- You look gorrrgeous in that outfit n super trim. Few accessories would go well with this:)ReplyDelete
First three are useless to me, but the fourth one is, but its hard to do if not for 15 days at least for 3 months Ah really hard.ReplyDelete
ohhhhhhhhh Gorgeous. Loved the itsy little waist :)ReplyDelete
Preeti, I love the way you are able to pull off that dress by looking so young, pretty and fit. I also love your fitness tips. Will check out the site that impressed you. I don't have a Doberman but 2013 is the year I have resolved to stay fit too and like you said, health is the best investment we can make for ourselves and for happiness too! Good going and keep writing!ReplyDelete
Preeti me n my husband both r fitness freaks n to hear other such stories is always a pleasure. I totally agree with u about the fact that keeping weight and shape in check gets tougher after 2 kids and i keep battling the same after my second son.Ladies reaching 30 n thereafter must devote time to themselves and work out a regime. There should be no relaxation in that. One has to be really regular with his/ her own mantra. And once you decipher what works for your body half the battle is won. So stay healthy ... stay fit ... look young and keep smiling.ReplyDelete
That dress looks gorgeous on you Preeti! :)ReplyDelete
truely said...just like wealth is important health is also important..even health should come first...ReplyDelete
but you already look so fit preeti :)ReplyDelete