The best investment you will ever make.
five things that the pic doesn't tell you :-)
1. If it's hard to lose weight (and keep it off) after the age of 30, it is bleddy hard after you hit forty. :-) Your metabolism slows down like crazy!
2. It is even harder after you have two kids! However it becomes slightly easier if you own a Doberman :D
3. I have a new workout regime that I haven't missed for the past 12 days, no matter how tired I am.(and some days I am drop-dead tired!) I do 24 minutes on the treadmill either on the Incline cycle or the fast-slow cycle. (fast is 8.1 kmph and slow is 4.2kmph). I also try not to miss my yoga.(though I have missed it for past 3 days). I try and finish dinner by 7.30 pm and no carbs at night. Your body really doesn't need carbs in the night after the age of 35.
4. I have stayed off alcohol for the past 15 days. The goal is to stay off it for next three months.( a teeny weeny confession--That is a record of sorts, for me :P) I have stepped my intake of water. If you are trying to lose weight, it really helps to have a LOT of water.
5. My 15 year old is turning out to be my fitness coach. He motivates me, pushes me, prods me, encourages me to be fit. If I were to pay him for his advice, he would be a rich young man! There is nothing about fitness that the kid doesn't know. He seems to have done a Ph.d in the subject. Pssst: Don't tell him I said so.
If you are really looking for motivation to get into shape, check out this site that I was super impressed with.(he deliberately put on weight as his clients kept complaining about how hard it was to lose and he wanted to see it for himself.) It is pretty amazing what diet and exercise can achieve!
If you want even more motivation check out my friend Niall's post about how he lost weight. I am really proud of what he has achieved.
Take care of your body! That is your only insurance against age. Do not let yourself go.
And even as we speak, the clock is ticking and we are aging. Yet, it is not too late, no matter how old you are.
Be healthy and be fit! It is the best investment you will ever make.
Check out my latest book here where it has been getting some fabulous reviews. You don't need a credit card. You can even pay cash on delivery. It has a whopping discount too :)
And hey--If you like my blog, you might enjoy my books :) Grab them here. :)