Accept what you cannot change
- God, grant me the serenity
- To accept the things I cannot change;
- Courage to change the things I can;
- And wisdom to know the difference.
(My non Hindi speaking readers please excuse me, I fail to find an English equivalent)
'Things I have accepted'
1. Friendshps break. Even the deepest ones that you thought would last a life time.
2. Even your best laid plans can fail. Things will not go the way you planned it just because you were meticulous in planning them and left no detail to chance.
3. People do not reply back to your mails or do not answer your calls or texts because they no longer want you in their lives and not because they did not get your mails or did not get your texts.
4.Just because you have the ability to put a fight behind you and carry no grudges it is not the same for everybody. Some people just do not forgive or forget.
5.Something that is extremely important and of value to you sometimes means absolutely nothing to others. They do not understand why it matters so much to you.
6.People can stop talking to you for absolutely no reason at all. None from your perspective anyway.
7.Death of a loved one can hurt even after 20 years. Intensity of pain can still be the same even though you think you have buried it deep inside.
8. Not everyone can accept gifts graciously even though the gift is thoughtful and very considerate and has been chosen with a lot of love and care.
9. It is a 'me-me-me' world. For the other person a minor head-ache that they have will be more important than the death of your nearest ones.
10. I am only human and I too have limited time .I have accepted that I have to say a no. I truly cannot cater to the large number of requests I get, to read fiction, blogs and other things. I also get a large number of requests to write for various 'causes' without any offer of remuneration. Same for portrait making requests. ( I now do it professionally and yes, you can mail me for rates if you really want me to make a portrait for you. I have explained how I feel about my art here.)
I have been working like a dog, non-stop over the last five days, getting my 2nd book into its final shape.(It took me about an year to complete writing it) It would take a few months still to reach book stores. (Wish I had a magic wand to speed up things, but this is the way it works. I have accepted that too)
Somehow this 'intense working' made me think about things that I have to accept and in resulted in this post. Could you connect with the ten things I mention here too, or is it just me?
PS: To know exact dates of my 2nd book launch please 'like' my Facebook page as all updates will appear there