1. I can write legibly with my left hand. When I was a child I fell down and fractured my right hand. I had to go to school though with a cast. I was so bored in class, of sitting still ,that I began writing with my left.
2. I cannot cook and talk on the phone. Yeah I know, women are supposed to be good at multi-tasking. But for some reason, I can’t cook and talk at the same the time. If I am cooking I hang up.
3. I know to handle an Air Rifle and my aim is good. My brother owned one and we used to take turns shooting, as teenagers. No—we didn’t kill any living things. (except a snake once) He did shoot a cockroach though :-) Recently at a fair, I used a ‘tommy gun’ which had a laser aim .It was much heavier than the ones I was used to but I really enjoyed it.(yes that is me in the picture)
4. I Love basket ball. I used to play National level basketball once upon a time when I was in school/college. I still play as there is a basketball court near my house.
5. I have received a certificate for being in top 2 percent of academic performers in the country in CBSE exams in both class 10 and class 12. I have several academic degrees/diplomas and I stood first all India, in the P.R and Advertising exam (which is one of my Post graduate qualifications). But I usually never mention this to anyone, as I always feel academic achievements really do not matter. I am truly not impressed by anyone’s academic achievements either, even if they have done a doctorate from the world’s top universities. The best teacher is indeed the school called LIFE.
6. I cannot sing to save my life. If I start singing my children and husband ask me to shut up. Despite this, I sing the song “Chanda hai tu” to my children with full and complete maternal emotions substituting the words, adding my own words. They quickly tell me that yes, they get the gist. :-)
7. I can skim throw a stone. I learnt it as a child. If you do not know what skim throwing is watch this video.
Now I am supposed to tag seven people. I am picking the first seven people who had left a comment on my last post .(All the names and descriptions are links to their blogs)
You are tagged and you have been given an award! (para-ra para-para..trumpets, bugles) :-)
1.Ayush: (I don't think you have a blog but you can write in my comment box)
If anyone else wants to do the tag (and trust me it is very hard) I would be more than happy to read and surely will leave a comment if you let me know you have done it.