5 hidden ways in which blogging will help you grow and why you should start one.
So why should you start a blog? Is it going to help you in anyway?
Yes! It will. Here is why:
1. A platform to express yourself: Blogging is making a statement. It is telling the world, who you are as a person. Sure, your facebook updates can do that—but often they are about trivial things. Plus they get buried in a deluge of status updates. A blog is a solid body, your very own publishing space, a space where you can be whatever you want to be. How cool is that?!
2. You make connections with real people : I have met some amazing people from different countries because of my blog. Gillian from Canada who runs a spa, Jacob Accurso from Oregon who is a private investigator, a potter and an airplane owner(!), Guto from Sao Paulo, Niall Young from UK whose paintings are all over my house. None of these would have been possible without my blog.
3. It helps you reflect and think about things: When you write in a blog, you are thinking and reflecting about what you want to say. A blog helps you think clearly, examine if your words reflect your thoughts and it helps you grow as a person.
4. It makes you feel good: Mine does! I feel so good when I blog. Try it—the high you get from your first comment will be something that you will remember forever.
5. You never know how it can change your life: As you can see, it has completely changed mine. 10 years of blogging. 8 best-sellers. More than 500 published pieces in various publications like Readers Digest, Times of India and more. And to think that it started with a single anonymous blogpost!
There are tonnes of articles online on how to start a blog and so I will not elaborate on that. But I would like to say that what is necessary for a successful blog is 3 C’s
Pick something you feel passionately about and start writing. It is important to establish a connect and that will come only when you are authentic and genuine. Just be yourself and go!
If you are motivated enough to start a blog, after reading this post I will help you further. Leave me a link to your blog, once you have ten posts. I will personally visit your blog, and leave a comment(only if you have ten posts and your writing has to follow the rules of grammar please). And not only that I will pick three blogs and I will write a guest post for them! How much more can I give eh? :)
Now go do it!